Level 1: Defensive Driving Seminar / Lecture
A half-day ‘interactive’ seminar for all drivers to learn about road courtesies and how to avoid accidents. This will help drivers both with long or short driving experience to drive properly and carefully and to further avoid damage to their vehicles. This course has been based on training done with the U.S. National Safety Council Defensive Driving Program and modified to suit local driving conditions. It has been designed to be entertaining and educational using many videos, visuals and facts.
1. To educate current fleet drivers on correct driving habits.
2. To update drivers on road rules and regulations.
3. To update drivers on Modern Vehicle driving techniques.
4. To instill Defensive Driving in everyday driving.
Level 2 Training: Defensive Driving Seminar with Driver Assessment (Actual City Route)
This is an analysis of driving habits and road accidents incurred by company fleet drivers. Data from the company’s previous year will be gathered along with interviews of fleet drivers to complete a picture of the current driving situation within the ranks of the fleet. This analysis will give more precise information on where training and education is needed to decrease the occurrence of accidents in the fleet. Evaluations on individual drivers will be made along with recommendations.
- To instill Defensive Driving in everyday training
- Identify drivers who need additional driver training
- Identify poor/ dangerous driving habits and recommend changes
Level 3 Training: Defensive Driving Review with advanced Driving Techniques (Closed Road)
This training focuses on advanced driving skills. The aim is to educate the participant on what to do in dangerous driving situations. It starts with a discussion on handling and vehicle dynamics. The afternoon is spent on hands on exercises re-creating different driving scenarios. This should only be participated by Level 2 graduates.
- Enable participants to understand what a vehicle will do in different driving situations.
- Give participants a chance to safety practice emergency driving maneuvers in a safe environment.
Level 4 Training: Preventive Maintenance and Troubleshooting
A half day ‘interactive’ seminar for all drivers to learn about Vehicle Maintenance and Trouble shooting problems on the road. This will be a combination of classroom and practical demonstrations.
- To create a checklist for drivers to use before using vehicle
- To reduce breakdowns on the road due to poor vehicle condition
- To give drivers background information on how to troubleshoot simple vehicle breakdowns